Home > AQ General, AQ Media > “Some Points regarding Relief Techniques” By Osama Bin Laden

“Some Points regarding Relief Techniques” By Osama Bin Laden

A new tape by OBL, apparently. (thanks to @PoliNewsInt for the heads up)

I haven’t downloaded it, but link is here As-Sahab : “Some Points regarding Relief Techniques” By Shaikh Osama Bin Laden H.A – Ansar Al-Mujahideen.

It will  be interesting to see what he has to say about relief techniques, particularly given AQ’s avowed determination to not participate in relief efforts (which we can quite confidently assume is a result of OBL’s direction).  AQ’s unchanged position is

” Our path is a path of fighting Jihad and we do not handle matters of aid or things like it.” (page two of pdf)

or alternatively in another draft of their policy outline

“Our ideology is to fight a holy war and not to be distracted by relief and aid operations or anything similar.” (page 4 of pdf)

Ugh the monumental scale of his hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me.

Update @PoliNewsInt says the message says “stop” or pause with regards to relief efforts. For an account of the tape See http://ojihad.wordpress.com/

–another update from @PoliNewsInt

with regards to the new OBL tape:

Title is “Pause the relief work” (or aid work). The Arabic word “waqfaat” means “stop”, like stopping after reciting one verse of the Quran. So it does not really mean: “Stop and never start again”.

Just as some additional information ;)

Since I’m *technically* not meant to be blogging, or reading things except for revisions of chapters, I was lazy and just hit the “press this” button for the Ansar link, so thanks @PoliNewsInt for the update

About these ads
Categories: AQ General, AQ Media
  1. 10/02/2010 at 2:30 pm

The recent messages from Adam Gadahn, UBL, and al-Zawahiri on humanitarian disasters such as the Pakistan floods are remarkably similar, in my view, to AQAP’s handling of the 2009 Jeddah floods and the 2008 flooding in Yemen (Hadramaut). It raises the question in my mind of who is following who; is Al-Qa’ida Central really the model to follow or has it been overtaken (and I would argue it has clearly) by AQAP, the Islamic State of Iraq, Harakat al-Shabab, and even AQIM in terms of full-length films and media generally.

2. 10/03/2010 at 11:59 pm

The monumental scale of the Crusaders hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me !!
    they claim that they do a relief works everywhere but they do it for preaching for the corrupted christianity .. Somalia taught them a lesson before , but they never learn , they keep changing facts and spreading lies about Islam other matters .. like the owner of this blog , get your facts right from their original source !

• Leah Farrall, Australia
      10/04/2010 at 1:07 am

Exactly how am I spreading lies?

• Leah Farrall, Australia
      10/04/2010 at 1:08 am

All I did was to quote from al Qaeda’s own documents, and point out the inconsistency and hypocrisy of talking about aid when al Qaeda itself eschews providing it to people in need. Though I note you do not address this in your reply to me. I would, however, be interested to hear your thoughts on this.

3. 10/06/2010 at 2:43 am

once again .. Lies and hypocrisy .
    1) i see that you didnt read my statement about the lies , that can be confirmed by looking at your denials in your statement , which makes my simple mind tell me that you ignore them out of weakness in the argument – note that i was talking generally about crusaders and the ones who follow their Evil work and bless them out of ignorance .

2) The lies in your blog is bigger then following it one by one , for example your saying : ( I haven’t downloaded it … ) .. and your saying : ( particularly given AQ’s avowed determination to not participate in relief efforts ) ..
    note the ignorance and lie in these sentences .. i say : its the slander of our enemy .
    when did ever Sheikh Osamah Bin Laden rejected the help and relief to his affected brothers ?? that is hypocrisy from our enemy of course .
    another matter : the whole world watched the new tape , and its very clear if you have an honest translator .. and thats the link :

he is simply asking the brothers who can to help the affected people ( Our Brothers ) .. and he urge the brothers to pray for them ! simple as it is .

3) referring to Mujahed Muslims in afghanistan and other islamic countries with this Term ( Terrorist ) .. when the wise thinkers and researchers counted deaths of Muslims killed by the terrorism of America and its allies they find the numbers reached more then million .. i for my self think these numbers were modest numbers .. so dont think too much of your selves, and your so called ( freedom ) , for us it is hell , but we will repeat history and as god says it will happen .. and if you had a little bit of knowledge you would regard the logic of history , but you ignore that as usual , which strengthen the idea that tell us about the deep stupidity of counter terrorism people ( they are the terrorist in reality ) , we ask them one question “Where is your success now ?”.

4. 10/07/2010 at 1:51 pm

I think we can take someone with Abu Qatada as his avatar image at face value.

5. 10/07/2010 at 7:06 pm

so i see you didnt publish my comment ? or your too lazy to do so ! you lack of the objectivity so much , not to mention the honesty and integrity .

but i strongly advise you to take heed at your causes and goals, for the intentions can be corrupted .

• Leah Farrall, Australia
      10/08/2010 at 3:13 am

Such a rush to judgement! I only just logged in. I do wonder if the rest of your analysis suffers from a similar rush to judgement. I’d strongly advise you to look a little more closely at the history of bin Laden. He rejected providing further assistance to MAK because it was doing aid work. They are not my words, they are the words of many senior figures from that time. That’s the thing you seem to be misunderstanding when you accuse me of slander. I’m not saying this, I’m quoting directly from al Qaeda’s own documents and how it does not do aid, and this is confirmed by the organisation’s own history.
      So rather than try to take me to task why don’t you prove me wrong with some research of your own to the contrary? I’d be very interested to read what you come up with.

• Leah Farrall, Australia
      10/09/2010 at 3:27 am

I’m not publishing any more of your comments unless you treat me with respect. Other more senior people than you have contacted me both publicly and privately and all of them have shown basic courtesy, which I also extend to them. So perhaps you’d like to re-consider the insult you made to me and those who help me with translations in your recent comment (which I will not publish in its current form). Otherwise, from now on in you are blocked. I have not insulted your person and I will not tolerate you insulting me or more importantly by saying that insulting good people who help me. I would welcome discussing these issues with you if you can agree to keep insults out of it.

6. 10/09/2010 at 4:52 am

This is hypocrisy , you are demanding what you dont give !! when you waged war against Islam and Mujahedeen who wants to protect their religion, when you distort their words, and when you spreading lies about the causes of the war, and when you changed the facts .. this is all fine for you and your evil pay masters, but when we try to expose you people, we become the none respectable people .. learn to indulge your self lady Leah, that is if you are ready and have the power of the word, but if you dont then you are only fooling yourself and your supervisors that you trying so hard to satisfies them to get that degree .

it is funny to think it this way, but you are obliged to delete my comments, because your weaknesses in the argument .. you have no true facts, just some lies coming from CNN and CIA factories .

and your big failure is your relying on these distortions translators, little example to enlighten you , your quoting : ( Title is “Pause the relief work” (or aid work) ) …
    what a slander, for “Pause” in Arabic doesn’t mean the spelling “waqafaat” .
    “waqafat” used in Arabic when someone wants to focus at a certain points to explains it, you say in arabic : “i have waqafat on your speech” : “لدي بعض الوقفات في كلامك” .. and so on ..

So referring this word “waqafaat” to “pause” is very laughable .

Other matter : your threats about deleting my comments , i say : these are for children lady, and not for me, im an educated man and i know that you cannot change anything with your words, because we people prove our points with actions .
    And about your heroic discussions with other muslim people, it doesnt interest me at all, so dont trouble your self for making examples, to me i repay what is owed, no more no less .. so recheck your facts and references very well.

• Leah Farrall, Australia
      10/10/2010 at 3:25 am

Now, see you could have just pointed out your issue with the translation. Incidentally, I thought you were referring to other translations since the context of much of what you said was so broad.

7. John
    10/10/2010 at 1:08 am

Such tantrums are so common among Islamic commenters. It makes me wonder if this is just a part of belonging to a medieval culture that hasn’t grown up.

• Leah Farrall, Australia
      10/10/2010 at 3:31 am

I disagree that this is cultural or that it is common to Islamic commentators or that Islam is a medieval culture. I do not like his comments, but he is only one person and I won’t judge an entire religion on the basis of his comments.

8. 10/13/2010 at 12:30 am

Tantrums are quite common in many cultures and societies.

9. 10/17/2010 at 2:17 am

@ John :
    define (tantrums), explain its concepts and terms ?
    all humans have tantrums, its the matter why and for what, so dont try to make a shield with these words to cover your crimes and evil purposes, the facts cannot be changed for us we proved your real face in the field .

@ Ibn Siqilli :
    Keep your worthless pointless comments for your self and your fellows the tails of crusaders, as for us Muslims we take no account to them at all, since we know very well that the judgment day is coming and all will stand before god .

• 10/23/2010 at 11:34 am

@TheFauxMujahid

You hardly speak for all, most, or even a substantive minority of Muslims. Your arrogance knows no bounds it seems. Also, you should capitalize “God” as He is the Mover of Clouds and Lord of the Lords. All will stand before God and you and your fellows will have to account for all of the blood, including that of thousands of Muslims, that your hands and souls are covered with. Thankfully, most Muslims take no account of creatures like you.

10. John
    10/17/2010 at 10:23 pm

I think you are quite familiar with the term since you have also used it in your response.

Proof is whatever satisfies you. To my mind, you have proved nothing, nor do I accept the label of crimes or two-faced evil purposes.

In my observations, statements like yours are used to cover your own crimes and evil purposes. So the coverer accuses the accuser of covering.

Your employment of the term “crusader” also shows an ignorance of its historical meaning, or a blatant propaganda ploy to again use it as a derogatory label to obscure the facts of the criminality of jihad.

When judgement day comes, I don’t think you will see what you are expecting. In fact, the point of departure from this life will be in dramatic contrast to what you expect.

—-

This poster may be only one person, but he is a sample of a representative type. This forum receives such posts one or two at a time, but at Yahoo News, stories on Iraq and Afghanistan have comments nearing one hundred thousand.

They seem to have a Muslim following with attitudes similar to that reflected here. To be fair, those articles also attract a similar number of Americans with similarly hateful attitudes towards Muslims, and I know I wouldn’t want to be judged by comparison to them.

11. 10/21/2010 at 4:16 am

@ john :
    And the hypocrisy continues …
    ( To my mind, you have proved nothing, nor do I accept the label of crimes or two-faced evil purposes … ) :
    Same denials over and over, but I don’t expect acknowledgment from you or any so called anti-terrorism members, its their job to denial .

( In my observations, statements like yours are used to cover your own crimes and evil purposes … )
    This is funny, but this is related to your words above, but I will repeat what I said to the owner of this blog:
    There are certain fact that cannot be denied in the art of debating , which is the fact that has the two elements : obvious reality & acknowledgment resulted from the will and desire .
    so .. Americans and their allies bombing Muslim cities in the night, no regarding to the innocent people, and the right of self defense is forbidden to them, and you come in here to stick the crimes to the ones who want to cease injustice ? its like a killer denying his crimes before judge and his clothes are full of blood . you should be like General Patrios when he said infront of the cameras : “we are fighting dirty” … so john make him an example, and don’t make fool of your self .
    whether you acknowledge the truth or didn’t, its not important to me .

( So the coverer accuses the accuser of covering … )
    its all about changing words, not changing facts .

( Your employment of the term “crusader” also shows an ignorance of its historical meaning … )
    I don’t think you are educated enough, or read the history enough, if that’s your believe, you should read more about “Crusaders” in Islam, and I mean its meaning in Islam.

( or a blatant propaganda ploy to again use it as a derogatory label to obscure the facts of the criminality of jihad … )
    I could say the same thing about the so called “Terrorism”, or this false “Anti-Terrorism” .

( When judgement day comes, I don’t think you will see what you are expecting. In fact, the point of departure from this life will be in dramatic contrast to what you expect … )
    That is if you think you are in the true religion, and I don’t think my words about judgment day was pointed to you anyway, and it’s a long subject can be discussed with Orientalists or Clergies who have knowledge in this area, not with you .

Last Words from me in this discussion with you : Believe me, that this war will continue and never cease until the last crusader soldier is out of the Islamic soil, and by god there will be no peace until all Islamic regions are freed, and you will remember my words when the U.S armies are out of Iraq defeated, and its near, according to the Americans status there .

12. 10/21/2010 at 4:29 am

There is something that it might interest you Lady Leah, its a documentary movie that you didnt see before, its about muslim’s aid, since this topic is about aid, i am working in the translation of this movie, so be looking forward for this movie, because i will finish it next week – if god wills it – .

• Leah Farrall, Australia
      10/21/2010 at 2:02 pm

Ok, I will keep a watch for it. Thanks.

13. 10/23/2010 at 11:50 am

“Waqafat” can have the meaning of “halt,” “stop,” “pause,” as can be verified in Arabic dictionaries.

14. 10/30/2010 at 2:17 am

@ Ibn Siqilli
    for someone dont differentiate between the Verb and the Infinitive, leave the translation to the specialists .. like i said : “Waqafat” used in Arabic when someone wants to focus on a certain point to explains it, “qef” is the verb from “waqafat”, and this is an axiomatic thing in the basics of Arabic language, so i feel im talking to a teenager who certainly do not have the basics in Arabic, so this is my last comment on this matter .. the honest and true translation of the title of Shaikh Osamah speech : “a concentration looks on the relief works” .

15. 10/30/2010 at 6:29 am

An infinitive of course is a form of a verb. “Waqfaat” can carry the meaning of “halt,” “stop,” “pause,” “stance,” “position,” as can be verified in Arabic dictionaries. Associated verb forms take similar meanings including some that are akin to the English phrase, “pause/stop [to consider/review something].” You are certainly not a linguistic specialist either, given your creative use of English verb conjugations.

16. 10/30/2010 at 6:49 am

The meaning is akin to “stop/pause [in order to reflect/review something].”

1. 10/01/2010 at 11:17 pm